Fix Sage Error Username is in Use “The Program Cannot Connect you at This Time”
Sage is a fantastic accounting software that can make accounting tasks tremendously easy for every user in the corporate world. Due to its excellent security configurations, the data that is stored in the Sage software is completely secure. In fact, Sage is one of the safest software in the market in the present time. However, every software might occasionally face errors that users need to understand and resolve in order to have a seamless experience.
One such errors crops up when the user is not able to login to the Sage Accounting software. It can be quite bothersome when the user is trying to complete an important project and the system crashes or Windows update does not get started after an update. This might also happen while the user is logged in the Sage Account from another system.
The user needs to press OK once this error comes up but it may not necessarily resolve the issue. If the user is facing this issue on a regular basis, then let us explore a few solutions.
Resolution of Sage Error “Username is in use”
First step for resolving this error is that the user has to log out from another system (incase the user is logged in).
In case user is opening Sage accounts:
- The Sage Account needs to be opened.
- In the chosen Company window, the company name needs to be chosen. After that, click on ‘Open Folder Location’.
- After that, ‘ACCDATA’folder needs to be clicked. The file needs to be located and then remove the DTA file.
- Open Sage Accounts:
- The location is Sage Accounts v23 – C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2017
- The user needs to click on the Company file. Then click on Open.
- Click on Notepad. Choose OK.
- Note down data path of the company.
- Go to the path and double click on the Accdata folder.
- Remove the DTAfile.
The user needs to log in to the Sage Account. It needs to be fixed.
If the issue still persists, contact the Accounting Advice. This Sage 50 tech support team will be happy to help you.
What is Accounting Advice?
Accounting Advice is a renowned and reliable remote Sage tech support team. The Sage trained professionals have years of experience in resolving all Sage related errors. With excellent technical knowledge, this team is renowned for Sage customer support. Even the most complicated Sage errors can be resolved by this team. They are available 24X7. The toll free number is 1844-871-6289
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)