Sage ERP Sendmail SMTP
Email is the lifeblood of any organization. It’s the communication tool that facilitates everything from customer interactions to administrative tasks. But how do you ensure that your email communications are effective and reliable? One solution is to outsource email delivery to a third-party service like Sage ERP Sendmail SMTP. By using Sendmail, you can insure that your messages are delivered as expected, no matter where they are sent. In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of using Sendmail for your email communications and recommend a few configurations for best results.
With its best-in-class provider and some of the smartest financial management solutions, Sage has emerged to become one of the most popular accounting software. Various aspects like tax filing, payroll, and inventory tracking tools, have been specifically designed to allow the user better efficiency and productivity. In the fast-paced and competitive world of today, we know that these are essential for better success in our business to grow according to the current trends. The Sage Erp Sendmail Smtp is one such feature we intend to discuss today. To do so, let us understand what Sage ERP is all about and how to make the best of it.
What is Sage ERP All About?
The Sage ERP comprises Sage 300, Sage 100, Sage X3 and Sage 50 software products together. However, the best part is that each of the above features of the software is designed to focus on specific business types and offers a specified functionality. Essentially, when we speak of ERP, it is referred to as enterprise resource planning software that has been designed to take your business to the next level. Some of the prime features of Sage ERP comprise real-time financial management strategies, supply chain management, business intelligence, and industry-specific solutions. These are best used for distribution, construction, manufacturing and professional services businesses. Now, let us take a brief look at each of them.
The Sage 100 ERP : This is the specific Sage ERP system that has been designed to manage finances, accounting and the other business process vital for a company. Also, another factor is that Sage 100 has taken over MAS 90 software. Not to forget that Sage 100 ERP is best suited for small to mid-sized companies. The various other product lines within Sage 100 ERP includes Sage 100, Sage 100cloud, and Sage 100 Contractor; this also comprises project management software.
Sage 300 ERP : This is the Sage ERP system that can be used to manage the entire company system. Formerly, Sage 300 ERP was called ACCPAC. The Sage Business Cloud comprises of Sage 300 Cloud, and Sage 300 CRE. As for the Sage 300 Cloud; it is used to manage finance and accounting inventory and operations, and also distributions. As for Sage CRE, it is mostly used in the field of real estate and construction and has been hailed as one of the most popular software in the industry.
The Sage X3 ERP : This is a comprehensive ERP system that is best suited for medium-sized businesses. Also, one needs to mention the fact that the Sage Group took over the Fench company Adonix X3 and Adonix to finally become Sage X3. To put simply, Sage X3 is a real-time, industry specific and multi-currency ERP software. This finds widespread application in the fields of manufacturing, General Business, Distribution and other professional services. As a final ‘feather in the cap’, Sage X3 ERP can easily integrate with Sage CRM, Sage HR, or Salesforce CRM and other platforms specified to eCommerce.
What Businesses are Best Suited for the Sage ERP
Now, that we know a bit about the various features of the Sage ERP, let us probe into the aspect where one wonders what businesses are best suited for Sage ERP. Generally speaking, various small to mid-sized businesses are best suited for the application of Sage ERP. One of the most widely used Sage ERP products includes Sage 100 Contractor and Sage 300 CRE. Various manufacturing, General business, Wholesale Distribution, Professional Services, Construction, Chemicals, Non-Profit and Food and Beverage is where Sage ERP is best applied to.
Sage ERP: How Does it Work?
One of the best features of Sage ERP is its easy integration with the AP Automation Software. One can easily acquire a streamlined workflow with any third-party AP automation software by integrating flat-file or API connection with the help of the Sage login. One usually makes use of the Accounts Payable and mass payment automation software as it is much like a global solution that is used for the purpose of offering an automated solution for various businesses. This enhances the processes and also reduces the risk due to fraud and payment errors.
Sage ERP SendMail SMTP: The SMTP options for Printing Emails
The Company Profile Screen comprises an all-new Email tab. This is to be able to make setting up and managing print-to-email a breeze for the Sage 300 users. As for the Sage 300 Desktop version, one can easily send emails using Microsoft Outlook or the all-new SMTP. This is the ‘Simple Mail Transfer Protocol service that has been designed to send various documents through email. As for now, the Sage 300C screens use SMTP settings for the easy sending and receiving of emails. So, how do you do this? Well, while there are plenty of methods to do the same, we will take care of the process in a simple manner.
Sage ERP Sendmail SMTP : The Pre-Requirements
For Gmail Users
Make sure that you have ‘allowed’ the less secure Apps to be turned on. To do so, you will need to follow the below steps:
- Log in to Gmail.
- Navigate over to options and click on it.
- This will activate the drop-down menu.
- From this select, the Settings option
- Go to Accounts and Imports from the navigation bar.
- Go to the Change Accounts settings
- Now, click select other Google Accounts Settings.
- Go to the Sign-in and security options.
- Click on Connected apps and Sites.
- Now click to ‘Allow less Secure apps’ to be set to on.
- And you are done.
How to Configure Sage for SMTP?
- To do so, you will need to:
- Log on to Sage 300 Desktop
- Go to Common Services option
- From here, select Company Profile.
- Next click on the Email option
- It is at this point and steps that you need to set up the SMTP settings.
- As for Gmail users, one needs to enter the settings below:
The details to be entered are as below:
- Server Port: this can be changed according to the Port in the SMTP SERVER or SERVICE use. However, the default port is 587.
- Server Name: This is the email server of the user. One needs to use the format setting of SMTP.server name (smtp.gmail.com)
- User Name: This is the user name for the SMTP server that the user needs to enter when sending the email.
- User Name: This is the user name for the SMTP server that the user needs to enter when sending the email.
- Password: This is the password that one needs to enter when sending the email to the relevant account.
- From Email Address: This is the email address one needs to enter when sending an Email.
Sage ERP Sendmail SMTP: Using the SMTP
If the Use SMTP has been Checked: In this case, the Sage 300 desktop screens and the Sage 300C screens will use the SMTP to be able to send the Emails from the email address that have been set within the From Email Address field only.
In case the Use SMTP has not been Checked:
- In this case, the Sage 300 Desktop will be able to use the standard email functionality that has been used in the previous version of Sage 300. Also, the same applies in the case of sending emails from Microsoft Outlook using the Email Address of the account that has been set in Microsoft Outlook used for the logged Windows User.
- As for the Sage 300C screens, the SMTP settings will be used to send the emails from the address that has been set within the From Email Address field.
Note: As in the case of Use SSL, it needs to be ticked if one is using a secured port for the purpose of sending the emails.
How to Test the SMTP settings if they have been added Securely to the Sage
To do so, you will need to:
- Navigate over and click on the Send Test Email option.
- In case of correct configuration, the user will receive a prompt email notifying the user that the email has been sent successfully.
In case of Failure
In case the send email fails you will receive a message as below:
Sage ERP Sendmail SMTP: To test SMTP from the Sage 300 Server and the Sage 300 C Server
After you have successfully acquired the relevant configurations, you need to test it out as well. For this, the user will need to test if they are able to send the email through Telnet available on the SMTP port that is being used:
- Open the Sage server being used
- Go to the Administrative Command Prompt
- Here, you need to enter the command Telnet <<SMTP Server>> <<SMTP Port>>.
- As for the Gmail telnet smtp.gmail.com 587, this should be able to return a response that the telnet has been sent and connected successfully and is listening to this port
In case of being unable to connect, you need to
- You need to double-check if the Physical Network Firewall might require a Port to launch between the Sage 300 server and the SMTP server.
- There is a chance that the anti-virus might need an exception added to the ‘Mass Mailing Worm Protection’.
The above-stated conditions can easily be accomplished by the IT team or the Sage Business Partner
How to Configure a Standard Email
One needs to bear in mind that the options selected by the user on the Email Configuration screen do not directly affect the incoming emails. This is generally because the messages are not being delivered directly to the Sage CRM system and are in fact delivered over to the mail server that has been selected by the user and read using the mail client.
However, if you have been running the Email Management Server one can easily forward the emails to the Mail Manager Server Filing Address for the purpose of filing. This can be done in the following steps:
- Go to My Profile
- Next go to Administration
- Now, click on Email and Documentations
- Next click on Email Configuration.
- Now, click on Change
- It is here that you specify the Email/SMS settings.
- Here, you need to enable the embedded email editor.
- For this, you need to ensure that the option stating Use CRM’s embedded Email Client has been set to YES.
- In case of the Microsoft Outlook users, one needs to set Allow Send Using Outlook to YES.
- You need to select SMTP from the Send Mail Using in order to use the Internal SMTP mail client to be able to deliver emails. Here you need to enter the IP address of the SMTP mail server in the Outgoing Mail Server-SMTP and the SMTP port (25) in the SMTP port. At this step, you need to ensure that port 25 is open and is able to allow the transfer of messages.
- In case you need to use CDOSYS for mail delivery, you need to go to Send Mail Using and select CDOSYS. Here you need to enter the IP address of the SMTP mail server in the Outgoing Mail Server- SMTP and the SMTP port (25) in the SMTP port. Also, make sure that the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol service is running in the Windows services.
- To acquire the above configurations you will need to:
- Click on Start
- Go to All Programs
- Go to Administrative Tools
- Go to IIS Manager.
- Now click on Deliver Email to SMTP Server
- It is in the above step that one needs to enter the details as required in the SMTP mail server. This will ensure that the email has been delivered instantly to the online SMTP server.
- Or one can also achieve the same results by selecting Store E-mail in Pickup Directory in order to store the email on the disk for being able to retrieve in future.
- In order to be able to receive the mail in HTML format, one can easily set Send Email As HTML to YES.
- Next, in order to specify the ability to use Sage CRM outrebounding Filing to file emails, one needs to set the Outbound Emails Should be Filed By to CRM.
- As a reference, a copy of the email is stored in the communications record and is saved against the company or the person that the email was sent over to.
- Finally click on Save.
Also Read-: Sage Error with Address Generic Com Error
With its easy flexibility added functionality and futuristic features, Sage is here to stay. So, here is all that you need to know about the Sage ERP Send mail Smtp and how it helps a regular user. For more details and further instruction, be sure to reach 1800 964 3096 out to our team of experts and we will be more than happy to help you out.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
What is SendMail?
Send Mail is a server application that offers businesses to be able to send emails using the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol or SMTP.
How does one use the SMTP Server to send Emails?
To do so, one needs to:
🔹 Start by gathering all the details and the information required to do so.
🔹 Next, access the SMTP interface
🔹 Next, add New SMTP
🔹 Now, authenticate your account
🔹 Finally create your email address.
"Recording a loan in Sage 50 is essential for businesses that need to borrow money. To record a loa...
In Sage 50, users can create a recurring entry, which is a transaction that occurs at a regular fre...
The Audit Trail Report is an important reporting feature embedded in Sage 50. It helps users find o...
Bank reconciliation is considered to be a crucial yet repetitive confirmation cycle of the informati...