Sage 50 has Stopped Working when Restoring a Backup
Sage is one of the trusts worthy and reliable accounting software among Sage users. Backup is an essential thing that prevents your data to get deleted or lost. “Sage 50 has stopped working when restoring a backup “These issues sometimes come while restoring the backup and it is very much important to rectify this issue. It could happen due to damaged files in the company folder.
The below steps help you to get out of “Sage 50 has stopped working when restoring a backup” error.
Resolution for “Sage 50 has Stopped Working when Restoring a Backup”
Section 1 – Clean the company folder
- First, if possible create the back up of your company if possible. If it is not possible then copy the company folder and paste it and now it will be a duplicate folder.
- Now close the company and check if everyone is logged out of Sage 50
- Delete the below files and clean the company folder
- All RPT types files
- All PTR types files
- All PTL types files
- All MKD types files
- All LCK types files
- All DDF types files
- All DATtptl types files
- All DATtemo tyes files
- Now open Sage 50 and check if you can restore, if still unable to restore go to the next section
NOTE – You can move all .ptb files to the folder on the desktop. However, don’t delete the .ptb files as these are company backups. Select all .ptb files and select CUT. Minimize the company windows and right-click on a blank spot on Desktop. Click on New and select Folder, the name that folder like .ptb or backups and click Enter. Now open the new folder and paste the copied data into that newly created folder.
Section 2 – Restore a backup
- Search the backup of the company from before getting the message
- Restore the backup to a new company
Section 3 –How to Create a new local data path temporarily
- Create a new local path through Sage 50 database repair utility
- Now change the data path to its original condition
- Now check and see if back up can be restored without any error
How to get connect with us?
For any assistance, you can dial Sage 50 support phone number and get connected with the Sage team. The sage team is available 24*7 and always available to help you with all Sage related issues and errors. The sage team is dedicated, certified, and has years of experience in the same domain which enhances the quality of every Sage technician. You can also fill the details on www.accountingadvice.co and you will be soon contacted by one of the Sage experts.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)