How to Fix Sage 50 Installation Issues on Windows XP
Sage is an excellent software that can offer a very pleasant experience for all users related to the accounting domain. They can take help from the advantageous features of the upgraded version of Sage 50 and complete their important projects in a faster way. It makes tasks uncomplicated and efficient. Whether it is cash flow management or managing inventory, it can be very useful for everyone.
Sage 50 should be updated every year so that the errors and previous version can be corrected. One of the issues that the users of Sage 50 face is issues in installing the latest version of Sage 50 on Windows XP computer. Normally the error message in this case is ‘Not a valid Win32 application’.
Causes Sage 50 Installation Issues on Windows XP
Normally this happens when one is in the process of installing Sage 50. Another reason can be that Windows XP does not support the Visual C++ 2012 or .NET Framework 4.5.2’s installation. The main underlying reason for this is that Microsoft .NET Framework technology is the base of Sage 50 accounting software.
Resolutions : Migrate from Windows XP to Windows 7
The user needs to upgrade the operating system to a fresh version of Windows as .NET Framework 4.5 is not there for Windows XP. The process of upgrading Windows XP computer to Windows 7 is as following:
- It is a popular and quite often used version of Windows. However, for upgrading Windows XP computer to Windows 7, one first needs to uninstall Windows XP. Then Windows 7 has to be installed.
- Before uninstalling Windows XP from the system, all files and settings need to be transferred to a hard drive that is portable. Windows Easy Transfer tool can be used so that files, folders, and settings can be transferred to an external hard drive.
- After that download and run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor for scanning hardware and software.
- Verify if the requirements of the new operating system are being met and there is proper backup in place. Then install the new OS.
- For Windows 7 product key, download the Windows 7 ISO.
- Then the user needs to boot from the installation media. It needs to be inserted in to the system.
- System needs to be restarted. Then enter the BIOS. Restart your computer and enter the BIOS. It is Delete or a Function key.
- The boot device priority needs to be changed. Keep the installation media at the top.
- Windows 7 installation will now begin. This may take some time. Set the language.
- The language, name, keyboard settings needs to be set.
- Windows 7 installation has to be finished. The system will start automatically with the new Windows 7 OS.
- Easy Transfer tool has to be launched, and then follow the guidelines for reinstating personal data.
Once the user follows the above processes, Sage 50 will be installed successfully on the computer. However, it is best to perform these functions under expert advice so that there is no harm to the system or data. Contact the experts at Accounting Advice.
What is Accounting Advice?
Accounting Advice is a leading Sage technical support team that can resolve all the doubts related to Sage in the quickest possible time in the most accurate manner. This Sage customer support team is available 24*7 and the user can talk to them as per their convenience. The toll free number to reach out to them is 1844-871-6289. The team is full of experienced and Sage trained executives who have dealt with complicated issues related to Sage software too.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)