Sage Exchange Error Codes
Every business has a set of codes that indicate various problems. These codes are usually given out by Sage, the software that runs your accounting and finance system. In this blog post, we will go over some common error codes and what they mean for your business. From missing transactions to confusing reports, read on to learn more about how to troubleshoot Sage-related issues.
The Sage Exchange is an inbuilt payment manager that handles tasks related to payments. Apart from facilitating payments made to vendors or customers, it also manages operations related to cash flow. The Sage Exchange stores all the payment-related information in one dashboard and helps the users to manage their finances more efficiently. With this, you can avoid the trouble of maintaining hundreds of accounts and spreadsheets. It also connects all your payments with the back office. Thus, you can get a real-time view of your cash flow and the payment types you accept
Sage Exchange Errors ( also called Sage Decline Code Errors) are the errors that may occur when you try to make a payment through Sage Pay API. These errors may also be called Bank Errors as the transaction is declined by the bank if you encounter this error. If you are also facing this issue, you have landed in the right place. In this blog, we will look at some easy remedies to fix this issue. Simply go through this blog, perform the steps mentioned sequentially and keep your system free from this error!
Here we go!
The Sage Exchange: All About it
Before we get into the Exchange Error code, let us understand what the Sage Exchange is all about. Essentially the Sage Exchange refers to a Payment Program-certified payment platform. This can interface with software-installed applications like Accounting, ERP, medication management and also Property Maintenence. This way, for example, when any credit card payment has been done by a customer, the Sage Exchange is connected to via the application. It is here that all the required details and information regarding the credit card details are stored. Thus, a seamless, ‘flow’ of the relevant information takes place from the Credit card via the Sage Exchange in order to support the functionality.
In a way, that works more with the Sage Transfer Computer offering a smooth connection between the reporting application and the Sage Exchange. In order to use Sage Exchange, you simply need to install it and configure it. Hence, this works more like a one-place-for a payment platform that can be used to ‘take care’ of connecting the financial devices to the accounting software. Brilliant one might say! As it is a tedious task to take notes, cross-check and finally enter and type the required details and information from the appropriate financial inferences.
Read More-: Sage 100 Payment Credit Card Decline Codes
Reasons for the Occurrence of the Sage Exchange Error Codes
Several technical issues may lead to the occurrence of this Error. Some of these are mentioned below-
- Wrong credit card credentials are typed in by the user.
- The credit card may have got expired
- Insufficient funds in the bank account.
- The transaction may have been declined by your bank, due to issues related to location.
- The transaction may have been declined by your bank due to a violation of the bank’s fraud rules.
Some of the Sage Exchange Error Codes that may Decline your Transactions-
Some common error codes in this category are listed below-
- Sage Exchange Error Code X901000: Security Violation
- Sage Error Code 10- invalid MKey or invalid Merchant ID
- Decline Code 000057: Service not allowed.
- Decline Code 04, 07, 41, or 43: Hold Call or Hold Card
- Decline Code 000005: Do Not Honor
- Decline Code 000051: Insufficient Funds
What is the Procedure to Fix the Sage Exchange Error Codes?
Now, let us approach each of these error codes individually and fix them likewise
Error Code 1: Sage Exchange Decline Code 000057
This Sage Exchange Error Code usually refers to ‘Service not Allowed’ or ‘Transaction is Not allowed’. This usually occurs due to problems with Bank transactions.
Solutions to Fix this:
- It is recommended the cardholder contact their banks, first.
- There is a fat chance that the issuing bank has placed limits on the kind of transactions that are to be made. This includes Cards not Present, In-store etc.
- One needs to take a check in case there is a limitation on the business type that the card can be applied.
- Once again, it is advised for the user to notify the bank of any of these concerns and get them rectified right away.
Error Code 2: Sage Exchange Error Code X901000
The reason for this error is usually a security violation. However, this can easily be rectified in the following manner
Solutions To Fix this Error:
- This error is usually related to Sage Exchange and XML request data validation issues.
- The error code is an indication of a security violation that refers to either Mkey or MID not being active in the Paya database. Also, the merchant account not being enabled for the specified transaction can be the reason for the error.
- The other reason for the occurrence of the error could be that Mkey or the MID has not been activated in the Sage database, or in the merchant accounts.
Error Code 3: Sage Exchange Error Code 000005
The main reason for this error is that the bank has not been linked in order to be able to make the payment.
Solutions to Fix this Error:
In this case, it is best recommended to notify the bank concerned.
- Start your System
- Go to programs
- Go to accessories
- Go to system tools
- Go to submit system restoration.
- Now, click on the ‘Restore my System to an earlier time option’.
- Next click on next
- Now, check the ‘Fix my computer box from the list’
- After this click on next.
- Now, you need to download the Sage Error code 000005 fix utility package.
- Once installed, you need to click on the scan option to start the process of scanning.
- This will allow the system to identify the malware and the anti-virus software.
- Now, restart the computer once the process has been completed.
- At this point the user will be required to link the bank.
- Once you have done the above step, be sure to notify the Bank in question.
- You must specify that, as a user, you have attempted to make the payment via bank but have received an error code.
- Finally be sure to clear out all the cookies.
Error Code 4: Sage Exchange Error Code 000051
The main cause for this error is when the user tries to transfer more than the available balance in the account. Here are some of the ways to resolve the issue
Solutions to Fix the Error:
To start with, it is essential that you maintain a bare minimum of the sufficient amount in your account.
Error Code 5: Sage Exchange Error codes 04, 07, 41, 43
This code is caused when the card of the user is blocked or has been stolen. Here are some of the ways to fix the same
Solution to Fix the Error
- code shows that the card has been reported stolen, lost or has been marked pickup for by the Bank account.
- It is advised to not return the card to the consumer if it is in your possession.
- Next, it is advised to either contact the bank to return the stolen card or contact the person if needed.
- In order to acquire the issuing banks’ phone numbers online, you can do so, by typing the first six digits of the card details onto the BIN search engine.
- One can easily identify the bank of the lost card with the help of the BIN search engine.
Steps to Fix Sage Exchange Desktop 2.0 Installation and Update
Now, that we have understood the reasons, causes and solution for the SAGE EXCHANGE ERROR CODES, let us understand how to fix and install the Sage Exchange Desktop 2.0:
To start with, make sure that you have been disconnected from the system if you are using IPP320 or L5300
- Go to the Check Panel
- Go to the Programs
- Go to the Features
- Now, right click on Sage Exchange
- Now, click on Sage Exchange Uninstall option.
- Now, navigate over to the ‘start menu’.
- Type in: C:\Program Files (x86)
- Extract the folder ‘Sage Payment Solutions’.
- Click on: C:\Users\%USERNAME\AppData\local
- Now, extract the folder ‘Sage Payment Solutions 9
- Paste the: C:\ProgramData
- Now extract the folder ‘Wise Payment Solutions’
- Next, you need to download the latest version of the Sage Exchange Desktop Bootstrapper.
- Now, run and extract the SageExchangeBootstrapper.exe.
- Browse the above file from the SageExchangeDesktop
- Next, right-click and run as Admin
- Finally, you simply have to follow the Wizard and complete the process of installation.
Tips on How to Use the Sage Exchange Desktop Silent Installer
After the process of installation has been completed, below are the steps to best use the Sage Exchange Desktop Silent Installer:
- Go to the Downloads from the navigation bar located on the top of the screen
- One needs to ensure that the latest version of the Sage Exchange has been installed by every user from the web.
- Go, to the folder where the bootstrapper has been downloaded.
- Next, extract the required Folder.
- Now, click ‘Run as Administrator’ in the extracted bootstrapper.
- Be aware that there are chances that you will not be able to install SED v2.x 5 in case you do not have the required permissions.
- Once the installation has been completed, you will receive another window for the installation of the latest version of the software.
- Now click download and install
- Finally, once the installation has been completed, the Sage Exchange will be able to operate normally.
Steps to Authorize an ACH Refund within Sage 50
In order to do so, you will need to:
- Navigate over to the Lists
- Click on Customer and Sales
- Click on Receipts
- Next, launch ACH Reciept and Refund.
- Next, click on the option ‘Approved-Issue Refund’.
- This launches the New Reciept and the Refund is displayed as a negative amount.
- Click on Process to be able to authorize the Refund to the Bank Account of the Customer.
- Navigate to the Sage 50 Payment solutions window
- Click on submit
- This will launch the ACH information window to display
- Here you can check the status as ‘Credit-Approved’.
- Now, take note of the Reference Number.
- Now, click on ok.
- It is recommended to save the receipt for any further requirements
Read Also-: Sage API Error Codes
So, there you have it, people, these are some of the errors, solutions, and reasons for the Sage Exchange Error Codes. Most times, each of the Sage Exchange errors can be easily rectified by the user themselves; however, in case you still continue to encounter problems, be sure to reach out to our team of experts and we will be more than happy to help you out. Also, it is recommended to be able to ensure that the relevant installations and downloads of the latest version of the software are also done, to be able to make the most of it. If you looking for Sage 50 technical support just dial 1800 964 3096.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
What is Sage Exchange?
The Sage Exchange is an inbuilt payment manager that handles tasks related to payments. Apart from facilitating payments made to vendors or customers, it also manages operations related to cash flow. The Sage Exchange stores all the payment-related information in one dashboard and helps the users to manage their finances more efficiently. With this, you can avoid the trouble of maintaining hundreds of accounts and spreadsheets. It also connects all your payments with the back office. Thus, you can get a real-time view of your cash flow and the payment types you accept.
How to fix the Sage Decline Error Code 0005?
Here are the steps to follow-
🔹 Click the Start button and select Program
🔹 Then click Accessories
🔹 Click system>tool from the system restore drop-down menu
🔹 Click Restore my system to an earlier time
🔹 Tab Next
🔹 From the list, locate the option named Restore my system
🔹 Click Next
🔹 Wait until you get the confirmation message the restore process has been completed
🔹 Restart your system
🔹 Install the Sage error code 00005 repair utility kit
🔹 After finishing the installation, click on the scan option to find and remove any anti-virus or malware in your system
🔹 Restart the system
🔹 Connect with your bank again and enter all the mandatory information
clear all cookies
🔹 Try making a payment now
How to authorize an ACH refund within Sage 50?
Please follow the instructions below-
🔹 Go to Lists
🔹 Click on Customers & Sales
🔹 Click Receipts
🔹 Now open the ACH receipt to refund.
🔹 Click on the tab named Approved – Issue Refund
🔹 A new receipt opens up and the refund is shown as a negative amount
🔹 Now click Process to authorize the refund to the bank account of the customer
🔹 Go to the Sage 50 Payment Solutions window
🔹 Click Submit
🔹 The ACH Information window would show the status as Credit–Approved
🔹 Note down the Reference Number
🔹 Click okO.
🔹 Save the receipt for future reference
State some Reasons for the Decline Transition Sage Exchange Error.
Here are some of the main reasons for the decline transition Sage Exchange errors:
🔹 Incorrect payment card information has been entered by the user
🔹 The card has reached the expiration date.
🔹 Insufficient funds in your bank account.
🔹 The transaction has been declined due to the location of the bank.
🔹 There are some ‘fraud’ policies related to the bank in question, hence the transaction has been declined.
Sage install error code 1308 happens when a user is unable to find the specific source file. The so...
Sage Timeslips Premium May 2021 helps its users to make more profitable and efficient by providing ...
Sage 50 Invoice Double-click on Sage 50 Account Now, select Customers and then click on Invoice...
Sage 50 is one of the latest and advanced accounting software. Now it is available in the new versi...